2.09.2010

Getting Rid of the Winter Blues


All of this snow has really turned me into a cranky bum...and what do you know? We're getting another 10-20 inches tonight and tomorrow. The one bright thing that is getting me through all of this is the fact that all of this free time has given me the ability to search through nearly every fashion and style magazine, website, and blog. I have found a few amazing products--all of which (drum roll please!) you can find in the DC area. Woo-Hoo!(yes, I just said "woo-hoo").

I hope this helps you get over your winter blues!

Great skin....
I have heard about "Green Tea Goods" from several different sources. I haven't had a chance to try them out myself, but now I can! It's important to moisturize every part of your body, and Green Tea Goods has given you the ability to do that. I am especially excited about the lip balm...my lips are always the first to dry out and then I end up biting the dry skin...gross, I know.


You can shop online for their products, or you can go to The Herb Cottage (located at the National Cathedral) and pick through Green Tea Goods and many other wonderful products.


Need to rid yourself of the winter-dead-skin-blues? DailyCandy recommends DDF's range of "scrub friendly exfoliates".

You can get DDF products at four DC locations, including Sephora in Georgetown. Be careful, you might come out with way more great products than you expect!

Great "underthings"....
I know, at some point I am going to have to stop shopping at American Eagle. But being that I am only 24, I refuse to stop just yet. Aerie has great "underthings". Sometimes you just need to wear cute panties and bras for yourself...not because you want someone else to see them, but because you will spend your whole day knowing that your outfit would be just as good without the outer layers.

My favorites from Aerie are Lace Tanga panties in purple, the Mesh Ruffle Bralette (I like the pink and the black...polka dots and ruffles are super cute), the Aerie Softest Pointelle Thong, and finally, the Aerie Ultimate Tanga Panties (less lace than the purple tanga panties).

Great shoes....

Glamour Magazine has a great website for buying shoes-- here. Another great source is Piperlime.com. I recommend looking online before buying shoes in a store. You might find the same designer costs less depending on where you shop. My favorites this season...

Steve Madden always makes me happy. The Trinitie nude pump has been a favorite of mine for a few months, but then it started to snow...and well, you know the rest. Steve Madden has this shoe on sale at the moment...go get it!


These Phoenyxx pumps would look amazing with almost any pair of dressy shorts or a cute spring dress.


And because it's still winter, I LOVE these brown Punkk boots. They are perfect for transitioning into spring, but will keep you warm during these blizzard conditions.

4 comments:

  1. i love green tea and its variations in products :D and that steve madden nude pump looks gorgeous!! by the way, thank you for your lovely comment , made us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Aerie. :)

    And those shoes are stunning. I wish I had money for shoe shopping right now! Sigh.

    Oh gosh that photo of the snow...I am so sorry you have to put up with that right now. Lol. This has just been the worst winter, hasn't it? I'm so sick of snow. I want summer NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really had time on your hands to do some research! Nice finds!

    juliet xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. I would love to read your input!