2.03.2010

simply accessorize.


Accessories are POWERFUL...but should never be overdone (although, some fashionistas may argue it is impossible to overdo jewelry...and perhaps they are right in certain situations...but I digress).

I found a great dress at American Eagle...yes, i'm a fan of AE...you'll pick up on my style soon enough (if you haven't already)...The reason I love this dress is because it is simple and very cute for spring and summer. Pair this dress with a bright jacket (I prefer orange or blue), great accessories (keep scrolling...), and a kick-arse pair of shoes--and you're surely going to look like a bombshell. I have provided a few very simple suggestions. Not all of these pieces go together, so be careful on what you mix and match.

**Since I am still new to DC, all of these items are from stores I have always shopped at. I am honestly working on getting into the boutiques of DC this weekend...with the snow it might be a challenge...and I will definitely share my findings.

Love this dress.


This scarf from J.Crew is perfect for adding style and covering cleavage (we all know there are times when cleavage just doesn't feel right...) The cream might clash with the white if you aren't wearing a jacket or sweater...but who cares.

I also like this scarf...



Couldn't pass up this ring from American Eagle...


This necklace from Ann Taylor Loft would be pair perfectly with the white AE dress and an orange sweater.


This chunky bracelet is a favorite of mine...J.Crew really knows how to create great bling!


Also love this ring from J.Crew


Now, let's not forget about shoes...American Eagle and Ann Taylor Loft are often my go-to for shoes. As I said before, now that I live in D.C. I am still in the process of finding local shops because I would rather support them than large companies. Either way..take a peek! For this dress I would go with something casual and fun. Brown is always safe, but if you see a pair of orange shoes--GET 'EM!

These kickers are from Ann Taylor Loft


And I found these little guys at American Eagle

1 comment:

  1. i like the dress... very romantic :)

    xo
    bravegrrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. I would love to read your input!