2.03.2010

no more disposable fashion.


As mentioned sometime last week, I am a proponent of wisely investing in high quality clothing by hitting great sales, vintage stores, and even buying from friends. I try my hardest to avoid stores with cheaply made clothing because it will inevitably fall apart. That being said, I am a fan of Target and during these economic times I find myself sneaking into a target to buy a new pair of earrings or simple pair of heels. I have shopped at stores like H&M, but try my hardest to avoid them. The store I will no longer go to is Forever21....Read this article on 39thandBroadway.com and you'll understand why.

In short--sweatshops, preaching, and copyright infringement are the key reasons to avoid this cheapy shop....besides--you can get much better looks if you use a bit of creativity and frugality...save your dollars and buy a few great accessories to go with a couple outfits. Through time you will acquire more and more, and the best part is that they won't fall apart in three washes. Hop to it! Let the smart shopping begin!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously: frugal shopping for the best of the bargain brands might be a trifle unfashionable, but saving money and getting clothes that will be presentable for months or years, that's just good sense.

    Welcome to Washington, Kansas Girl.

    Teach us. ;)

    (my dad came from Kansas, and taught me to value a dollar and squeeze it until the eagle squeaks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. i hate forever 21 after reading about them. i read that article or something similar a while ago and then accidentally wandered into their store in montreal a couple of days after (it's sign said XXI, it took me a while to figure it out...). anywho, i'm with ya, toots!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. I would love to read your input!