2.03.2012

Stress Buster!

I'm doing it. For real this time. We're launching a website that will focus on "me time"...you know, that time that we rarely allocate to ourselves. I'm guilty of it more than most. I work long hours and meet up with friends after work... and then by the time I get home I desperately need sleep.

My skin is dry, I need a hair cut, and I haven't had a massage in over two years. I feel like I have completely let myself go for the past few months - and it's amazing that I even still have a boyfriend! Last week I reached the point where I simply couldn't take the stress that I had created. I wanted to curl into a ball and hide from my colleagues. They're great people, and really the job in itself isn't terrible - it's just that a ball of stress in motion is like a snowball rolling down a mountain - if you don't stop it, it is bound to get out of control.

(if the video doesn't load - right click and hit "reload")


This caused a chain of events...I started thinking about why I let myself get to that point. There isn't a job on the planet that is important enough to stress me out for extended periods of time. Stress isn't healthy but we bring it on ourselves. Exercise and a good glass of wine can relieve the stress momentarily, but the truth is we need to find time to unwind every single day.

We're creating a website that will highlight the things in life that encourage and incentive "me time". Keeping in the theme of "look good, feel great, have fun," we are going to give women the motivation they need to relax and let loose.

Check back soon for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. I would love to read your input!